Parkinson's on the Back Burner

   
For the past two days I have been helping my sister get ready for my niece's baby shower This shower started off as being 10 people and grew to over 40 people!! I did all of the decorations and a lot of the set up!! I tried to put Parkinson's on the back burner because I was busy and had a lot to do in a short period of time.  Parkinson's was right there with me all day but I kept trying to push it away.  Most of the time I was so busy that I forgot I had Parkinson's until I moved around from room to room or just moved period!! I tried to stand up on a chair but Parkinson's reared it's nasty head and refused to let me stand up or even get up on the chair. When I am planning any type of party, I start setting up at least a week in advance. I clean first, and buy and/or order everything I need. I start decorating as soon as I finish cleaning.  My sister is much more of  a last minute type person. My sister started getting ready on Thursday for a shower on this Sunday!! Yesterday I hung all of the crepe paper, set up the drink station, and hung the baby clothesline!  The baby clothesline looked so cute!! I bought most of the gifts/prizes for the games.  I brought two games, one I made up and one I found on the internet! Last night I dipped 50 candy marshmallows and made the purple bows to hang on the crepe paper!  Everything looks so cute!! Today I went over and finished decorating, we hung adorable lights on the drink station and the dessert station.  Kathy ordered the cake yesterday and will pick it up tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, I got tickets to see the play Hamilton for Olivia, Dan, me, my sister, her husband, and her daughter Erica!! I m so excited to see the play!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2