Parkinson's Came to the Beach With ME!!!!!

        On Thursday I took Olya to the beach to see her boyfriend Matt and his family.  We all just love them because they are the nicest people ever!! They remind me of my son-in-law Adam's family! I could be friends with them even if  Olya  and Matt didn't go out together. They are easy going, friendly, and kind.  The only damper to the three day visit was that Parkinson's came along with me!! Sciatica came too but I kept taking Tylenol and that kept Sciatic calmer than normal!!  Olya and I stopped at  Acme and got some snacks and some food for the gigantic and delicious breakfast that Matt's dad Ken made for us on Friday morning!!! Olya loves to visit Matt's family but she especially wanted to go to celebrate Matt's birthday with him.
(My sister Kathy LOVES breakfast foods so I had to rub it in to her......she kept saying OMG, it sounds fabulous, I love all breakfast foods!)  We stayed in a hotel next to their condo building.  I had a small bit of difficulty walking back and forth but I think the little bit of exercise was good for me!  Matt came over when we got there and I so appreciated his help of carrying our stuff upstairs! Parkinson's followed me right into the building!   Olya is such an easy person to travel with, we get along great and have no disagreements when we don't have anyone else with us!!! She probably was just happy to see Matt and she loves his family!! They are so nice to her and to us!  Olya, Matt, and Kyle went to the beach  but Parkinson's wasn't in any condition to go. Matt's parents also aren't beach lovers so it was nice for me because they stayed at the pool!! Matt's dad told me about a delicious candy store around the corner and I just had to go, Parkinson's had to go with me whether or not it wanted me to stay back!!! I had to do the two and thee step shuffle to get there but I did manage because CHOCOLATE  was involved!!  It was two blocks away but I managed to walk through the pain!
                 Olya and I walked over to the candy store on Friday!!! I got chocolate covered pretzels with little candies on them!! It was like eating a piece of pure JOY!!!! Olya got dark chocolate almond bark! This weekend was ALL ABOUT THE FOOD!!! Matt's dad brought snacks for all of us the pool!  On Thurs night we ate at a great Pizza Place. It was one of the best pizza places I have ever eaten at.


 Parkinson's was more annoying than anything this weekend. I took my pills whenever they were scheduled and that helped me the first two hours, then they start to wane and I lose my energy! I tried to wait to go to the pool until my pills were due because then I had two good hours of energy to use!!  We had to check out at 11 am on Sat morning and I told Olya that we could leave any time she wanted before 3 pm and of course, she said 3 pm. We hung in Matt's family condo. His dad made breakfast burritos!! The kids went to the beach and we went to the pool.  Parkinson's came along! I was OK sitting in the pool as long as I was where I could sit in the shallow end because I was definitely off balance in the water. I would like to forget that I have Parkinson's and not even think about it but it NEVER lets me do that!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2