PARKINSON'S and THE SPEECH Therapist

        Today, July 17th is Olivia's 22nd birthday. Where did the time go?  We adopted her at age 9 and now she is 22!  What an adventure our lives became after adopting her!!!
         Yesterday I had speech therapy in the afternoon. I am in the LOUD program. I feel like I have to shout to get to the decibels that my speech therapist wants me to be at. I think my voice has gotten softer because people have asked me 'WHAT" recently.  So I have to make an effort to speak up but when I do, I feel like I am shouting or really  loud!!! Renee came over and took me out to lunch. Renee had to help me get up from the chair. I couldn't even get up when she was holding the table still!   The waiter asked me "what" when I was ordering. I am just starting to notice that my voice must be a little quieter or softer than before. I spent most of the day practicing my speech lessons and then baking a cake for Olivia. After I baked the cake, I took it out of the oven to put on the cooling rack!  The chocolate cake smelled heavenly!!!! I used a sugar free white cake mix and I added two teaspoons of cocoa powder,  and I used applesauce instead of oil, and egg whites instead of whole eggs.  As I was lifting the cake from the oven, my gait froze and the cake sort of fell onto the rack and partially split in two places. Thank goodness for icing!! Icing covers a host of baking errors!!  Dan came out into the kitchen and said  "I really want a piece of cake." I told him that wasn't happening but he could make a cake himself  if he wanted!! He didn't eat cake last night!
        I have never been able to fall asleep sitting up.  Since I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's I can sleep anywhere any time!! I have fallen asleep sitting up in my computer chair, sitting up on the couch and of course, lying down on the couch!!!!
      Last year I kept buying bunches of costume jewelry at flea markets, garage sales and Goodwill stores so Olivia could decorate her GLAM room.  One ring fell onto the floor when she was hanging jewelry and  she didn't want it.  The other day I found it in a drawer and looked inside it.  The ring has 14K marked on the inside of the ring so it must be white gold!!I am wondering if the stone is a real diamond. That would be crazy!!  If it is real,I will be shocked!!
        We let Olivia open her presents last night because she has  to work late tomorrow night and Olya has to be at work at 6 am! We bought her two rompers, a few tops and two pairs of black leggings.  Dan also got her a $50 gift card to Ulta.  I also bought some Dallas Cowboys cups, a Cowboys bracelet and  a  Cowboy's necklace.  She is a Cowboys fan
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2