Parkinson's and the Baby Shower

      Today I went to my niece Natasha's baby shower.  Of course, Parkinson's trailed along in the car. Dan and I always go to the cemetery first on Sundays.  A few days ago, I was at Walmart and bought a tiny ceramic horse painting kit for Amy's grave. I asked Olya to paint the horses for me and she did. I had forgotten about the horses but she brought them into me this morning all painted.
They looked really cute and I know Amy would have loved them if she were alive. We took the painted horses and a solar sunflower light to Amy's grave
We sat there and chatted for awhile. I was so sad today because I knew how Amy would have loved to be at Natasha's baby  shower. Dan dropped me off at the shower because I would NEVER have been able to carry the gift bags down my sister's driveway.  Parkinson's was in charge of me today. It seems  that whenever I am upset, Parkinson's becomes much more powerful!!   I got to my sister's and Dan went in to say hello and had a sandwich(always about the food).  I helped my sister but Parkinson's made me move so slowly!! I was so annoyed at Parkinson's, it can't even give me one good day when I am there helping others!! I was so so so glad that we had all of the decorations done because Parkinson's said NO TO HELPING TOO MUCH!!!  I think everyone had a wonderful time at the shower.  Natasha got beautiful gifts and was very grateful for all of the love.















I dipped these last night.




Alex's mom made these adorable shower favors!!

Comments

  1. let us not let Parkinson's rule us think positive , is natasha your daughter,, I know how you feel I have a great granddaughter do not holder much afraid to hold her for fear of dropping her
    I am p.rying to Jesus for our healing as he never fails ...



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha is my niece(my sister's daughter) Parkinson's does rule my life some days and I want to be honest in my blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2