Even Parkinson's COULD NOT put a DAMPER on Today!!!

         Today is Olivia's 22nd birthday. Last night I crepe papered her door so she would have to walk through the crepe paper to get out of her room.  I hadn't done that for a few years so she didn't expect it at all!  She had to work today and they had a cake for her and her stylist she worked under gave her $50.00.  She was beyond thrilled!
         This morning Parkinson's was right there when I got out of bed. I had to do the 2 and 3 step shuffle to get to the bathroom. I took my pills right away hoping they would kick in as soon as possible.  I took them at 8 am, showered, and got dressed. My speech therapist came at 9 am and I was still shuffling!! I was so annoyed at Parkinson's. I put out two bottles of water before my therapist came because I didn't want her to see me doing the Parkinson's shuffle!!  She is the nicest person ever but it is still embarrassing to shuffle in front of her! After she left, Olivia came downstairs and told me that she enjoyed having the crepe paper outside her bedroom door.  She got ready for work and we went to a jewelry store! Renee's friend Melissa's dad owns a jewelry store close by.  This is a true and amazing story!!  Last year Olivia was making a GLAM room for herself in the basement.  I went to Goodwill stores and flea markets to decorate the room. I purchased a jar of costume jewelry at one of those places.  I think I paid about $5 for the jar.  I hung most of the costume jewelry on a wall hanging in the basement. The rings didn't fit on the metal sculpture so I scooped them up and stuck them in a drawer! I really liked one of the rings  but it is probably a size 9 or 10 and was too huge for me to wear.



I was looking at one of them over the weekend and it looked like it had markings inside. Renee looked at the ring the other day and said she saw 14K on the inside.  I figured that at least the band was white, gold. I had to shuffle in to the jewelry store and shuffle out of the store to my car.  The shuffling was all worth it !!!! Today we found out that the diamonds in the ring are real and the ring is worth a few thousand dollars retail!!! The center diamond is about .4 and the entire diamonds are almost 5.(about a half carat)
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2