Parkinson's and Sciatica

  I have terrible, painful sciatica and I have Parkinson's. I don't know which one started first or if they started together! I don't know which one is worse!  My Parkinson's leaves me off balance and I need to use a walker a lot! However, my sciatica is  so painful. I think both are equally as terrible! I thought I had sciatica first, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in Jan of this year but I think I had it for the year before. My sciatica started in April 2018.   
 I have spoken to several people online that also have Parkinson's and sciatica. All of my docs say there is no correlation but I think there has to be. Now I have been told that my sciatica could really be spinal stenosis or joint inflammation.   I just don't know where to turn. Geez, there are too many things wrong with me and no definitive answer except that I have Parkinson's.!! Today I had an online consultation with Dean Volk!  He is a physical therapist who has gotten wonderful results with patients! I am so excited to do the exercises he showed and told me to do. I am anal about doing what I am told so I will definitely do the exercises he told me to do! I forgot to ask Dean if he thinks Parkinson's and sciatica have a correlation.
 

Comments

  1. Yes, absolutely there is a correlation. Parkinson's is a muscle nerve brain disorder that affects everything muscle nerve and skeletal cramps dystonia and dyskinesias. Whoever says otherwise he's have their head examined. One of the major tell tale traits of Parkinson's is stooping and instability of posture, balance, muscle weakness, tremors, rigidity, all of which is degenerative with any and all types of CNSD (Central nervous system disorders)...
    And, to add insult to injury, Parkinson's patients are falling all the time... �� Falls alone account for back injuries, and most definitely sciatica problems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2