PARKINSON'S and the POOL

           I never go in our pool unless the temperature is in the high eighties and the pool water is heated! Yesterday my daughter Olya wanted me to swim with her so I said OK.  It was really hot, probably high eighties so I figured that the heated pool and the hot sun would be good for me to go in the pool!!  I went down the pool steps and had a hard time but I hung in there!  Then I got on a float and all heck broke loose!! I have no balance at all so I flipped over on the float and went right in the water! I didn't expect that to happen but as I said, I have no balance!!  I should be on America's funniest home videos! Today Olya and I went to T J Maxx to get new floats. I wanted one that I could sit on because the laying down floats are not for me any more!! I couldn't really find what I wanted. I went into Home Goods and found one that I thought might be OK.
I got a huge tube and I'll see how that does but I think I still need one with some back support!!
           I was listening to a commercial on TV today. It talked about and highlighted a phone that had the POWER to share POWER! I think that about other people with Parkinson's. We have the POWER to share POWERFUL information with each other.  I try to read everything I can about Parkinson's. I started a FACEBOOK group called People With Parkinson's. We all share information! We have 166 members already and that is powerful!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2