Parkinson's and Camping

        My husband grew up going camping.           
Personally, I prefer the Hilton with room service but I have come to enjoy camping because I love the outdoors. We have a pop up camper because there is absolutely positively NO WAY I would sleep in a tent.  And that was my rule over 20 years ago!  Now that I have Parkinson's there is NO WAY I could manage in a tent.  Our camper is heated,  air conditioned and the mattresses are thick and comfy.  We have a small portable toilet that we only use at night.  Actually only Olya and I use it because Dan and Olivia don't want to clean it!  First we are going to my friend's 60th birthday party and then we will leave from her house. I would prefer to leave earlier because it is difficult to set up if it gets dark but she is a good friend and always comes when we invite her. Olivia's boyfriend Frankie is also coming over night camping so we will have to bring the tent too! Olya's boyfriend Matt and his parents are coming for a barbecue with us on Sun night.  They are the nicest family and we enjoy hanging out with them!  I am sure Olya is excited to see him. 
        I hope that my Parkinson's is quiet for the next few days.  However, whenever I want it to be quiet, it decides to roar!!     
 I think there is a lake at the state park we are going to but I will only go up to my waist, I am not as steady as I use to be!  I have always been a decent swimmer, not an Olympic swimmer by any means, but decent enough. Now swimming is not fun because I can' swim like I use to be able to do because I am off balance! I am so glad that computers exist for me to blog because if I had to write this, it would look terrible and be unreadable! My handwriting gets smaller and smaller. I'll be back to blogging on Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2