A Bat, A Scream and A New Scooter for Parkinson's Transportation

        On Fri. night I heard a rustling sound inside our gas fireplace insert. Everyone had gone to bed! I looked at the side of the insert and an animal arm or leg was crawling up it outside of the metal insert. It didn't look like a mouse leg or arm but I yelled at it, the animal disappeared.
I went to get a flashlight but the noise had stopped. I was sort of spooked by it so I went to bed. The hand or foot was black and furry but bigger than a mouse hand. It wasn't in the insert, it was between the frame and the fireplace wall. There is a  small tiny space between the tile and the edge of the frame, that is where the foot came out and went up the wall.
I told Dan about it the next day and he sort of just shrugged it off. Last night I was getting ready for bed and I heard Olya scream, and slam her bedroom door as she ran out into the hallway!  She was yelling that there was a bat in her room! Dan went in her room, Olivia and Olya went in the room with him and after lots of screaming, he eventually caught the bat between two cups and let it go outside. I went in my bedroom and shut the door. Hey, I'm disabled!! I barely slept the entire night because I was afraid that there were more bats or that the bat knew how to get back inside again. I kept my walker close to the bed in case I had to get out of the room ASAP!!
        Today I was overwhelmingly tired. I am NOT sure why. I didn't sleep well but I am not a good sleeper.  Sometimes I just have a bad Parkinson's Day and I get extremely tired, not sleepy tired, just worn out tired! I didn't do much so I had no reason to be tired so it had to be due to Parkinson's.
      Yesterday Dan gave me one hundred dollars in Kohl's cash to spend. I asked him what he bought and he wouldn't tell me. It arrived today. It was a SCOOTER!  Dan thinks I will need it for camping. I don't think so. The girls are thrilled!!! I told the girls that Dan bought it for me but they reminded me that I didn't want a scooter so they think they can use it because they wanted it. Dan had said to me, "maybe you don't want a scooter, but we do."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2