MY WALKER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE RETIRED!!

         I thought I had retired my walker but I am using it most of the day again. I am OK if I have a shopping cart but I can't just walk alone. For a few weeks I have been walker free.  I was NOT a perfect walker but I could walk without a walker, maybe with a  two or three step shuffle here and there.  Yesterday I had to use my walker most of the afternoon and evening. It is so disheartening. Today I had to use my walker all morning. I am glad that the walker my friend Carol gave me has a cart with it. I had to water all my flowers so I put the gallon jug of water in the cart and went outside and watered all my flowers in pots. Olivia and Olya and Frankie went to the shore today. It was such a beautiful day and perfect beach day!  I let them take my car because I wanted Olya to drive.  She is a safe driver and has never had an accident.  Dan had given the girls twenty dollars to pay for Frankie's gas and tolls  when he was going to drive.  And he gave them money to pay for beach tags.  They used my car which had a full tank, my easy pass for the tolls,  and there are no beach fees until after Memorial Day! I have a feeling that we won't see any of the money he gave them! Today Dan and I went to a park that he likes that is on a river. 

We both enjoy watching all the water craft that goes by. Dan packed the lunch and off we went. We were at the park for awhile and then we went to Walmart on the way home.  I leaned on the cart while we shopped.  Then I sat down to try on sneakers, I told Dan to go check out.  I forgot that I needed the cart to lean on!!!! What was I thinking???? I had to grope onto clothes racks until I found an empty cart! Then I was OK and I stopped using the cart and was OK walking for a short while.  I can never forget that I have Parkinson's, the disease and symptoms are ever present. I can definitely tell when my meds start to wear off and I start to wane in strength, walking and balance.  I take my meds three times per day, at 8:30 am, at 1:30 p m, and 6 p m. By 10 p m, I am totally off balance,  I can barely walk, and I am shuffling my feet and holding onto everything even with my walker. 
     My friend Carol gave me two packs of gourmet cat food for my cats. It was Purina Fancy Feast broth.   They only get dry cat food from us! They were in heaven!! They each lapped up every drop of that food. It was fun to watch them enjoy the treat!!
     
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2