Five Days After my Cortisone Shot for Foraminal Stenosis

         Today is the fifth day after my cortisone shot for spinal stenosis! I think this  is the least amount of pain that I have had in over a year. I am still in pain but it is much better and so much more manageable. I can get out of bed at night and go to the bathroom without my walker. That is a feat in itself!  I feel better and I can do more with less pain. I am now much more like a normal person, if I ever was normal! I am hoping when I get a second shot that my doc can give me a little more medicine and get rid of some more of my pain.  I use to have to go up and down the stairs one foot at a time and now I can walk down(but not up) more like a regular old person! Going up is still extremely difficult(due to Parkinsons's and pain). I can now stand for half the time in the shower, before that I had to sit the entire time and then pull myself up with them bars.  I can also stand in the kitchen at the sink and cut and wash all the ingredients for a salad. I could NOT do any of those things since April 2018. They seem like simple everyday things, but when you can't do them, they become monumental tasks. I had to get handicapped hotel rooms.  I don't know if all of my pain will ever go away but I am thankful for the 40% less!! If I sit too long, the pain throbs so I have learned some tings to do to lessen the pain a tiny bit!
          It really is a small world. I attend a drumming class on Tue. mornings. I have chatted with a woman I knew a tiny bit for a swim club I use to belong to. Her son, now 37, went to school with Amy and was in her grade.  I don't know how we got on the subject but she started telling me about her son's best friend in school(and they are still best friends). And his best friend is Bonnie, the mom of the little boy whose first birthday party Olivia and Olya and I just attended on Sunday.  She kept telling me about what a nice family Bonnie has and I said, "I know, Jackie(Bonnie's mom) and I are very close friends!"  It really is a small world!  I bought decorations for Olya's 21st birthday party. Somehow I got into a Gold color theme! I wanted to invite ALL of my friends but I didn't want anyone to think I was looking for gifts for Olya so I only invited a very small amount!  Dan's relatives all live far away and my sister will be away the night of the party so I invited a few close friends because I want a few people to celebrate with Olya!  I invited Olyas boyfriend's parents.  They are so nice, and I invited  our Ukrainian connections!  My friend Madelyn is coming with her daughter Yana(Yana was adopted form Olivia's orphanage).  And my friend Lena is coming with her parents. Lena was our first tutor when we adopted Olivia! She is a beautiful young woman who was born and raised in Ukraine. Her parents moved here a few years ago.
         Tonight was a bereaved parent meeting.  An author named Angela Dawn came and spoke to us.   Paperback I don't believe in anything she said. It sounded like everything every other supposed psychic says. "It's About Love."  We all know that already.   She started off by saying...........up there, there is no concept of time...no days, hours, weeks, etc. Then she ended by saying that her sister's year was up for contacting her.. Crazy woman.  She says that after her sister died that it opened her up to LOVE everyone. I am always kind and nice to everyone, always. But once they screw me over, I am done with them. I don't hate the, but I certainly don't love them.  I am nice to people I see in the supermarket, I always try to help people who need help and I try to go out of my way not to hurt anyone.  But I will NEVER EVER LOVE Glunk, he ended Amy's life, there will NEVER EVER be love in my heart for him.  I spoke up and said to the author, how can you love everyone?? Murderers?  Rapists?? And others said..."well, they are also someone's child."   Give me a break is all I can say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2