A Little Bit of Relief from painful Sciatica

         Today my sciatica was a bit better, not too much but enough for me to notice it. If I had to give it a percent, I would say the pain is about 20% less. I will take it!  I hope that it keeps lessening over the next two days.  Dan and I went to Walmart this afternoon.  I spent most of the time in the toy aisle! I had so much fun picking out toys for my girlfriend's grandson.  He is about 1 and the toys for that age are just so cute!! I hope he likes the toys I chose but I got gift receipts in case he doesn't.  I wanted to buy him some books but Bonnie works for a big publishing company and I think she heads the children's books department!
    Then I went into the party decorations aisle. Olya has always loved the Minions so I was going to get her Minion plates, Minion napkins, Minion decorations, etc.  I called her to make sure that she would be happy with that but she said she didn't want Minion things.  So we stopped at the dollar store and got her more grown up decorations!!  I guess she doesn't LOVE  the Minions any more.  I   just love their cute little faces and adorable eyes and voices! I think the Minions are the cutest little things!.
   Dan also got a few new water guns for the pool.  I actually walked around Walmart and the Dollar Store without my walker! I didn't even think of taking it in the car with me. That has been a long time coming!!!!
       We also went to Acme and got two new trays of flowers!! What happened to my plan not to buy any more??  I just can't resist flowers. They were staring at me so adorably and calling my name! ("Colleen, Take me home, buy me") Dan was there to carry the three bags of soil and the flats of flowers for me. I can only carry small things so I had to get the plants while the getting was good!
        I finished reading Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica. It was so good. I couldn't put it down.  If anyone needs a plane or beach book, this is it!  Now I have less reason to just sit around since I feel a little better.  I am apprehensive about my small amount of pain relief, I am so afraid the entire pain will come back and I only have a small amount of relief as it is.  When the nurse called me yesterday to ask how I was doing, I asked her what was in the shot I received.  She said she thought it was a steroid, a cortisone medication.  I am wondering if I can get another one of those shots in the same area.  Maybe I just need more medication!  If the first shot worked 20% ish, maybe another shot would give me a bit more relief.  I belong to a few sciatica pain groups online.  Someone posted today..."I just can't take it anymore!" I completely understand how that woman feels. The constant pain is exhausting, overwhelming, and disheartening.
         Dan has to work tomorrow and I am giving Olivia my car to drive to work,  so I will be home bound! Olivia will have to drive Olya to work at 7 am and then she can go to her salon to work. I am so happy that Olya is home for the summer and that Olivia is home and now working full-time at a salon.  My house is clean because I am anal about that! Everyday I clean through the pain, sometimes it takes my mind away from the pain but I can never clean for long periods.  The morning is my best time for energy. I will clean out the fridge and go outside and plant my trays of flowers if I am able. I never know what my pain level will be.  I can now tell exactly when I need a carbidopa pill for my Parkinson's.  My energy goes downhill so quickly and I have to hold onto something for balance.  But while the carbidopa levodopa is working, I am good.

     
       
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2