A little Bit more Sciatica Relief!!

        Today I have a tiny bit more relief from sciatica so my shot worked a small amount! That is a good thing!   I would say that my shot worked about 30-35% and I think that is the best I am getting. I didn't have to use my walker all day again!!!!I cleaned out my refrigerator and cleaned all of the shelves.  Dan had to help me a tiny bit because I had trouble carrying the clean shelves back to the fridge.














         I also planted most of my second flat of flowers into my pots on my back deck and the pool deck.  I use to do my entire front gardens lined with annuals but my age and my back stopped that a few years back! I love flowers and I love how pretty they make the outside look!  Dan had to help me again.  He lifted the bags of potting soil for me. I had no problems at all last Spring so it was disheartening that I can't do as much due to my sciatica and my Parkinson's.  Last summer and for the previous 20 summers, I used Round Up Weed Killer to kill the weeds in my gardens.  Because there is a possible link to Parkinson's, I can't use that any more.  My girlfriend Diane told me to try to use vinegar which I tried but it definitely does not kill the weeds the way that Round Up worked! Maybe I have to use more vinegar. I think I already poured about 5 gallons on my gardens but I probably need about 10 more gallons to kill the weeds.


I also tried to cover my hostas with deer netting but I ran out. I'll be so sorry if I don't get them covered! The deer think my hosta garden is a feeder place for them.  If I don't get them covered, they eat the hostas down to the stems! I use to just love to garden but now it is such an effort with Parkinsons. 
         After gardening, Olivia and I went to get manicures.  Olivia LOVES getting her nails done.  I noticed that most women in Ukraine had their nails done! I use to do my own nails but now I just pay to get them done! It is so much easier!
        Dan and I went to the Ollies near where we live.  The place was mobbed, I am not sure why.  I bought new towels, my towels were in sad shape.  I am trying to clean out every area of my house and replace old things with new.  Olivia and Olya cleaned out their closets, Dan got them giant bins.  Olivia loaded 4 huge hefty bags for Goodwill.  Then she filled up one of the giant bins and Olya filled her bin and had a big trunk from college.  I had cleaned out the closets in the guest room and now they are filled again with the BINS!!! So I am right back where I started!  I am happy that I started cleaning out my house BEFORE I got Parkinson's because it has really slowed down my life. 
      I use to collect Lladros.  I sold about 25 Lladros when we adopted Olivia and Olya.
  I have a few more left to sell and I will eventually get around to it. Renee is not into collecting anything and Olivia and Olya only like to collect clothes and shoes and jewelry\so I don't think they will want them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2