A bit or a lot DECREPIT!!!!

         Today I went to lunch with my childhood friend Leslie.  I always LOVE to be with Leslie! I met her when I was about 10 or 11. She lived up the street from me and we had so much fun growing up together!  She gave me these beautiful peonies from her garden.  They smell heavenly!!!She also gave me two envelopes, one for Olivia for graduation and one for Olya for her 21st birthday. Leslie is a very generous friend.She will be in Florida this weekend and then off to an Alaskan two week cruise on Tuesday....what a difficult life she leads!! The truth of the matter is that she deserves all good things in her life because she lost her parents at such young ages and had to raise her four siblings.  Her father drowned on vacation with her mom when he was 36.  That age seems like he was so young, just a loving young father of five.  Her mom died a few years later of breast cancer so I am happy when all good things happen to my friend.

      Leslie helped me walk out to my car because my Parkinson's was not allowing me to walk without my walker. I try to go places without it and then I have a problem!  She helped me get into the car and I said to her.."I am old and decrepit!"  She said to me, "you aren't old but maybe a bit decrepit!"  I laughed and said "No, a lot decrepit!!"  I do not like when i can't walk and should have a walker!  I know I need to use it but I am rallying against it!!
     The weed killing mixture that my friend sent the recipe for is working just wonderfully! I can use ROUNDUP weed killer because of the link to Parkinson's. 
1 gallon of vinegar
2 cups epsom salt
1/4 cup Dawn dishwashing detergent
Olivia thinks the outside of our house smells like vinegar!  (maybe it does a little but it will eventually wear away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2