Easter Celebration Number 3 and Done!! AND NO WALKER FOR 10 DAYS!!!!



 


Sandy, our Granddog!


We had Noah take the photo below about  20 times, we kept trying to find a photo where we didn't look as fat!! We finally had to settle on a fat photo that only showed us from the chest up! Then we all started joking around about inventing a camera that takes off twenty pounds!! Adam said we could call it fatchat instead of snapchat.  Kathy said we should call it fatless photo! Could you imagine?? We'd be so rich!!!!!!
   
 
Dan and I went to the cemetery to visit Amy after Easter brunch at Renee and Adam's country club! .  I cut down a small branch of the white flowering tree next to her grave and added it to the vases at home. Other people might think that is strange but bereaved parents want to include their deceased children any way they can.  I lit three candles on the table with her photo on them.The stupid deer ate all of the flowers off of the plants we left at Amy's grave.  We brought the plants home and I will plant them in my garden. I have NEVER been to the cemetery when it was as crowded as it was today!! It was more than mobbed!!! Then Dan and I went and picked up Renee and Adam's dog, Sandy. Renee had a lot of charts to finish for work!!

Sandy normally doesn't like me at all, but she does love going in the car so she was more than willing to go when I said, "do you want to go for a ride?" Sandy didn't know that Renee was at our house so she was super-excited when she heard Renee's voice when she came inside from the car! Then we went home and I got the food ready for dinner. My niece Erica called me and told me that she was really sick and thought she had eaten bad chicken the night before so she didn't come.  I think this was the first holiday ever I didn't spend with Erica since she was a baby!!! My sister came a little later without her husband John.  He was in severe pain at home, he has to get to a doctor asap tomorrow or go to the ER tonight!!! He can barely move his upper torso or shoulders.  John has NEVER EVER missed an invitation for a meal at our house!  He is a tax attorney and he even comes during busy tax season!! Kathy filled a platter for him and took it home because we think he will manage eating it even if he is in pain!! Poor John!!  We really missed John and Erica!





        Easter dinner with my sister and her family was our last Easter celebration!!! The party's over!! It was a fun two days!   Olya's boy friend's parents invited her over to spend Easter with them because they knew she would be alone. They are such thoughtful and nice people.  Apparently they had a shooting contest. I don't think Olya ever shot a gun before.  But she and Matt's dad beat Matt and his brother Kyle! I think I should clone Olya and sell off her clone!!  Olya is beautiful inside and out, sweet, hard-working, motivated, and kind.  She does her best in every area.  She has to work twice as hard in college as other students because she was adopted when she was almost 11 years old! She enjoys learning new things. It is difficult to learn a new language and culture at age 11.  She is also extremely artistic and neat and clean,  her room is always clean and organized! Olya has saved a lot of money from her job. Olya loves a bargain, I taught her well!! She will definitely be able to buy a car when she graduates.
         Olivia and Adam and Renee did most of the dishes because I was totally worn out after dinner.  I appreciated that they did the dishes.  Several of my friends called me or sent me Easter wishes and I really appreciated that they did that!! My friend Madelyn, who adopted a girl from Olivia's orphanage, called me to say hello and see how I was doing. My bestie Priscilla called me! And my friend Debbie sent me the nicest message! My friend Deb G also sent me a lovely Easter message.  Jeannie H,  Leslie,  Anita, Brenda, and Barb also sent me Easter wishes on Facebook!  I am so fortunate to have such wonderful friends!
 
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

        The fabulous news is that I still did NOT need to use my walker!! I have not used a walker for about 10 days now!!Woo Hoo!!  My sciatica hurts but it is definitely less than it was.  I think I am going to have sciatica for the rest of my life. I have in-home PT tomorrow.  My PT told me to take BIG steps when I shuffle my feet or try to turn and that is really helping me!On Tuesday I have silver sneakers drumming class.  And on Wed. I am going to try to do silver sneakers chair yoga. The more I move around, the netter my mobility is and when I sit for a lon period of time, I am very sore, stiff, and have more problems with my gait!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2