OLD AGE Funny Wisdom

       Today Dan and I were talking about old age! I remember Dan's father said to me..."there's an advantage to being old.  You go to the bookstore, buy a book, read it, enjoy it, and then put it on the shelf.  He said a few weeks later you walk by the shelf and say, hey there's a book I haven't read yet!" He lived to be 100 years old!! When he was in his late eighties he had a knee replacement.  He told me that the replacement was good for ten year.s  I asked him what he was going to do after the ten years. He said he figured he wouldn't be around after that so that the knee replacement would last him for his lifetime.  I said to him, in ten years, "I have a feeling that you'll say, "hey this knee is sill really good. I'm good with it." He laughed and said I was right!!
      Some people have funny wisdom even when they are still relatively young!! My friend Debbie just always cracks me up!!! Her granddaughter Paige received a gift from her other grandparents. It was an alphabet toy game.  You push the letter and it will repeat the letter with a word.  when you push the c, the toy says      "c",   c   o   c   k     cock.   

Hope this makes you laugh....Paige got this gift from her other grand mother....she never buys anything name brand like V-Tech...this learning gaming didn't even come in a box....cheap scape....turn up your sound so you can hear
and of course Corey grew up around farmers so he said that is the technical term for a rooster...well I said I grew up in the city and we only used that word cock to identify one thing....Lory said she just about pissed herself when page hit the button...of course she had to play it back a few times to make sure she heard it correctly....I told Lory to bring it to Coreys parents house and leave it there so there other grand daughter can play with it and hopefully that will be the first word she says when she goes to school

Snowing like crazy here right now. We are suppose to get 12-18 inches...Freaking Ground Hog......he needs a new job.
Debbie should write a blog. She has so many funny words of wisdom!!

Dan and I have been out looking for a plot of land to build a small ranch house. My Parkinsons will only get worse so steps may become impossible for me. We could not find one plot of land in this area and surrounding areas that would be suitable to build on. I think we will wind up buying a ranch house, gut it, and redo it to everything I want. I don' want a lot of land at all but I don't want to be close to a neighbor. I don't know how I will reconcile that!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2