Bereaved Parent Meeting and The Green Mile

   
        Last night I went to a bereaved parent meeting.  I hadn't gone for awhile because of my sciatica and my Parkinsons diagnosis.  I was so happy to see my friends!!  I am known as the total skeptic in the group.  Almost everyone, except for my friend Kathy and I, believe in signs from their deceased child.  I wish I believed in signs but I just don't! I think a bird is just a bird and a firefly is just a firefly and a dragonfly is just a dragonfly!
        Everyone was supposed to bring in one of their child's items.  I didn't read the group Facebook page before I went to the meeting so I didn't bring anything of Amy's.  Instead I told a story about Amy.  Amy was a big reader, she was always reading a book.   She read the books she was assigned to read in English class in a few days.  She and Dan were always at Borders or Barnes and Noble bookstores buying books.  Her favorite authors were Jonathan Kellerman, John Grisham,  and Stephen King. Grisham mostly wrote legal thrillers and crime novels.  I read a few of his books, A Time To Kill, The Pelican Brief, The Client, A Painted House,  and The Runaway Jury are a few that I remember reading.  Many of those books were made into movies!  Jonathan Kellerman wrote crime novels. Stephen King wrote  contemporary horror, fantasy, suspense, science fiction and supernatural fiction.   She went through many different authors and finally decided she loved those authors the most. One day she said to me, "do you want to go to the movies with me?  A book I just read at school is now a movie." I said sure , and off we went to the movies.  While the movie started playing, I said to her..."I can't believe that the high school assigned this book for you to read.  This movie is scary and awful things are happening!" I can't believe the teachers chose this book!   She said to me, "I read it at school not for school, Dad just got it for me at Borders."  The movie was The Green Mile! It was a good movie but terrible things happened in the movie that took place mostly in a prison. I guess I should have asked her if she chose the book herself!
        So many friends and relatives have messaged me, called me, or texted me about my diagnosis and I so appreciate that they did. My SIL Rita sent me a nice email, and my niece Krista sent me a lovely Facebook message, and I was quite touched. My SIL Pennie has messaged med several times and sends he nicest best wishes.  I cried after I read her email, she is so sweet. I appreciate all the messages from everyone so Thank You everyone!

I gave my sister a few extra envelopes with the random acts of kindness and $5 in Amy's memory. Below is what her friend Chris is doing with the money and random act of kindness.  Apparently she visits an orphanage(foster kids) frequently!

 
Coll, here is the email that Chris sent me after I gave her the envelope. I'll call later-----Also I am hoping  I will have tomorrow off.
Kathy
 Hi Kathy, 

I want to thank you again for thinking of me for the "pay it forward" donation toward the orphanage visits.

Please tell your sister I say thank you also. What a very sweet gesture from you both!

Thanks again my friend! You do so much for others yourself.....

Chris  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2